Thursday, January 1, 2015

on point. 2015.

The urban dictionary defines on point as “up to par, ready to perform at best, and ready to get down to business.”* And that’s how I want this year to go. 

I recently read a blog post** about how to set resolutions for the upcoming year when you so failed your resolutions from the year prior. I didn’t stick to a routine of exercise and health or life without abandon or regret. It is hard to put those back on my list for this year, but as the blog post wrote “And the truth is: Your New Year doesn’t need to-do lists like it needs to-God-be-the-glory lists!”

So what that I didn’t do all that I wanted to, but for this next year? It’s not about succeeding at my goals, per se, but to bring God glory in all areas of my life. So here’s to an on point 2015:


Spiritually:
·      Learn to be more aware of God’s constant presence around me
·      Tithe… because I’ve never really done that consistently and I feel the Spirit nudging me to do so
·      Go back to Guatemala (and learn Spanish before then)

Physically:
·      Eat normally and healthily (no binging or emotional eating)
·      Stick to a consistent workout routine
·      Don't go back for seconds.

Socially: 
·      Cook more. For myself, for others.
·      Write more encouraging notes (instead of just texting people)
·      Become known as the girl who never complains... I do think this is possible!!


Here's to a fresh start, a new beginning. 
<3jen


*the other definition of on point according to the urban dictionary is “not drunk/stoned” but I didn’t think that I needed to work on that haha
**I read this article from Ann Voskamp’s blog… dang she’s an amazing writer: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2014/12/how-to-step-forward-into-the-new-year-when-you-want-a-do-over-on-the-last-year/

No comments:

Post a Comment