Thursday, March 26, 2015

thwack

Thwack. 
Hayden's little pointer made direct contact with Allison's eyeball. Tears immediately ensued. 
"I'm sorry, Allison!" was repeated over and over. 
Hayden turned to me confusedly. "Ms. B, I said I'm sorry! Why won't she stop crying?" 

***

How often do we (namely I) do this? Expect an apology to heal the intense hurt (physical or emotional) and then life will carry on... But life doesn't work like that, does it? 

It reminds me of this song I heard the other day… “Losing” by Tenth Avenue North. 
"We think pain is owed apologies and then it'll stop
But truth be told it doesn't matter if they're sorry or not
Freedom comes when we surrender to the sound
Of mercy and Your grace

Words hurt. But the right ones from the right Person can heal.
Just something to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment